Friday, April 17, 2009

Shore Temple - India

A few days ago i tagged Claus "elbe" on the "you choose unesco tag" and requested this unesco card from India. The Sore Temple is one of the monuments included in the Group of Monuments at Mahabalipuram.

"The Shore Temple is a structural temple, built with blocks of granite, dating from the 8th century AD. It was built on a promontory sticking out into the Bay of Bengal at Mamallapuram. The village was a busy port during the 7th and 8th century reign of the Pallava dynasty during the reign of Narasimhavarman II.
The site is famous for the rock-cut caves and the sculptured rock that line a granite hill, including one depicting Arjuna's Penance as well as for other temples in the area. It has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the oldest structural (versus rock-cut) stone temples of South India." - in:
wikipedia

3 comments:

Lighthouses on stamps said...

Hello
You have a nice collection. Would like to have a post card from Sri Lanka. I can send you one. Any particular theme you like?

Can you send me a post card from Portugal witha lighthouse view and also use a lighthouse stamp for postage if possible.

If interested leave a message in my blog
http://www.lighthousesonstamps.blogspot.com or you can e.mail me at
ravindrar@sltnet.lk

Best Wishes
Ravindra

e-PhilEx said...

Hello,
I visited your blog. It is very interesting, so I put on the list of my favorite blogs.
My blogs are: http://deltiologia.blogspot.com and http://ephilex.blogspot.com. If you like, please create a link to my blogs.
Thank you,
Kállai László

Lighthouses on stamps said...

Thanks for introducing your friend from Brazil. She is in touch with me.
If you provide me with your address I will be very happy to send you a post card. Please send me a e.mail on ravindrar@sltnet.lk giving me your address

Best Wishes
Ravindra