A beautiful snowy view of the De Zaandplatte mill in Ruinen, Netherlands.
De Zaandplatte is a smock mill built in 1964 and is listed as a Rijksmonument (national heritage site of the Netherlands).
The present mill was built at Echten in 1866 by millwright Zilverberg for the Van Holthe family. In 1964, the mill was re-erected at Ruinen. It was used as a holiday home but its condition deteriorated over the years. In 1989 the Stichting Vrienden van der Ruinen Molen (English: Society of Friends of the Ruinen Mill) was set up to preserve the mill.
In 1993 the mill was sold to the Gemeente Ruinen who owned it until 1995 when ownership was transferred to the Stichting Vrienden van der Ruinen Molen. A restoration of the mill to full working order started in 1995. The mill was officially opened on 6 September 1996. - in: wikipedia