The terminal building, built from volcanic tuff, and the piers were constructed between 1907 and 1909 in the same location as the old Landungsbrücken. It was designed as a representative shipping station by the architectural company of Raabe & Wöhlecke for the department of river and harbor construction of the construction deputation. With its length of 205 m, its numerous gateways to the ships' piers, its domes and towers, it sets a clear structural accent. The architectural sculptures were created by Arthur Bock.
The complex was classified as a historical monument on September 15, 2003." - in: wikipedia