Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rock of Cashel - Ireland

I just have a few cards from Ireland, this is my 7th from there and it was a favorite. It was sent by Lotti, she visited the castle a few years ago and loved it. I believe i would love it too.


On the back of the card: "The rock rises from the Plain of Tipperary forming a striking landmark which can be seen from all roads leading to the town. From the 4th to the 12th centuries it was the principal stronghold of the Kings of Munster, but after being visited by St. Patrick in the 5th century it acquired a religious significance which was seen to outshine its political importance."

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

I only have 1 card from Ireland. I hope to buy and send loads of cards when I'm visiting Ireland in December :)

Martinha said...

I'm sure you'll find lots of beautiful cards in Ireland and i hope you enjoy that trip :P