This is an official from Taiwan but the card shows the Sanctuary of the Madonna di San Biagio in Montepulciano, a medieval and Renaissance hill town in southern Tuscany, Italy.
Foto: Paolo Barcucci
Considered one of the masterpieces of the Italian Renaissance, this church was designed by Antonio da Sangallo the Elder and built in travertine. Inside, one can find stuccos and Baroque frescoes. The high altar was created in 1584; it was a great marble altar with four statues of saints, carried out by Ottaviano Lazzerini. Above the altar, one can appreciate a stained glass window depicting a Madonna and Saints by Michelangelo da Cortona. The temple’s origin is linked to a miracle that happened on April 23, 1518. Two women and a shepherd passed in front of a fresco depicting Saint Francis and the Madonna and Child and they saw the eyes of the Virgin move as if she were alive. - in: https://www.turismo.intoscana.it/site/en/itineraries/5af67fa1-25bc-11e3-9935-495d93063fdb/