CA-579741, sent by Mengyao.
This card is actually a canadian official card but as it is easily seen, it shows the skyline of the city that never sleeps, New York.
Photos by Diane Cauchy
US-3691842, sent by Diane.
Some lighthouses in Michigan. The pictures were all taken by Diane.
Manistee Light; Point Betsie, Waugashance Light; Old Mackinaw Light; White Shoal Light and St. Helena Light.
US-3809162, sent by Neil.
North Carolina fun facts:
- The state was named after King Charles I of England. Carolina comes from Carolus, the latin form of Charles;
- The Wright brothers, the aviation pioneers who were first to fly an airplane at Kitty Hawk in 1903, both dropped out of high school. They designed and manufactured their own bicyles to fund their airplane pursuits;
- Caleb Bradham invented Pepsi in New Bern in 1898. The drink was named "Brad's Drink.";
- The largest black bear ever recorded in North carolina weighed 880 pounds (199kg);
- The Biltmore Estate in Asheville is the largest private house in the US. It boasts of 25o rooms, which include 33 bedrooms, 43 bathrooms, 65 fireplaces and 3 kitchens. Today is open to public;
- Cape Hatters Light, located on Hatters Island, is the tallest lighthouse in the US. Its height is 210 feet (64 m);
- Virginia dare was born in Roanoke Colony on August 18, 1587. She was the first child born in the New World to English parents, who were among the colonists from London.