Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Ayia Napa Caves - Cyprus

Ayia Napa is a resort at the far eastern end of the southern coast of Cyprus. The word resort suggests me a lot of hotels, crowds of tourists, night life... not a place that I'd like to visit. However the coastline and its sea caves might make me think twice. 
Nicoletta as been to Cyprus last month and sent me this card to thank me the card I sent her from Malta. 

Photo by George Hadjimenikou
Marking the start of the Cape Greco national forest park, there are impressive rock bridges, hidden caves and tunnels. As well as being amazing to look at, the sea caves extend for up to 80 metres underground and are only partially submerged. They can be explored on foot at low tide and this area is popular for snorkeling, diving and just swimming in the crystal clear water. The legend is that the caves were once used by pirates to store their bounty and the cavernous tunnels, bridges and rock formations were a perfect spot for the seafarers to hide out. ​- in: https://www.loveayianapa.com/ayia-napa-sea-caves.html

No comments: