Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Cobh - Ireland

Last night I dreamt I was in Ireland and I actually wouldn't mind to be there again. However, I don't think that will happen any time soon but I definitely want to visit the country again and when that happen, I'd like to visit Cobh. 
This another one of the 38 cards Theresa sent me.

Cobh, known from 1849 until 1920 as Queenstown, is a tourist seaport town on the south coast of County Cork, Ireland. Cobh is on the south side of Great Island in Cork Harbour and is home to Ireland's only dedicated cruise terminal. Tourism in the area draws on the maritime and emigration legacy of the town. It was associated with the RMS Titanic, which was built in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Photo by Peter O'Toole
On a high point in the town stands the cathedral church of the diocese of Cloyne, St Colman's, which is one of the tallest buildings in Ireland.
Construction began in 1867 and was not completed until over half a century later due to increases in costs and revisions of the original plans. - in: wikipedia

No comments: