Friday, May 17, 2019

Meeting in Brussels - Belgium

Last month José and Rui attended a Postcrossing meeting in Brussels and they send me not 1, not 2 but 3 beautiful meeting cards, signed by a fair amount of postcrossers. 

These cards brought me some nice memories of my visit to Belgium a couple of years ago. The country is on my list of the places and countries I want to visit again. 

When you think of Belgium specialities I'm sure that chocolate and waffles are probably the first things that cross your mind. In La Belgique Gourmand you can find that and other typical Belgian gastronomic delights, such as iscuits, chocolate truffles, macaroons, cuberdons, exquisite Babeluttes, marzipan, chocolate-coated almonds or with tiramisu or caramel coatings...
What about the famous Belgium beer? Yes, they also have beer, 250 Belgium beers. 

La Grand Place is probably one of the most beautiful squares I've ever seen.
La Grand Place is the central, geographic and historic heart of Brussels, as well as one of the most memorable squares in Europe. This lively cobbled square is part of the most beautiful seventeenth-century architectural ensemble in Belgium.
In 1695 the French army bombarded Brussels and destroyed most buildings housed in La Grand Place. They were all rebuilt except the Town Hall. - in: https://www.introducingbrussels.com

No comments: