Wednesday, July 14, 2021

FOTW San Marino

Today is Postcrossing 16th anniversary!! 16 years bringing joy into our mailboxes ☺Well, not today. Still no cards in my mailbox this week. I didn't get any cards but I chose and wrote a few and I'm also showing cards to celebrate this date, starting with a surprise.
Before getting this card, I only had 3 cards from San Marino and I never thought I would ever get a written and stamped card from there but here it is. New FOTW and many stamps on the back, most of them Europa from the 80's. Eric really put some extra effort on this card and I do appreciate that. However, I bet he never thought the card it would take 7 months to get it. He mailed it on December 2020, according to the postmarks it was only sent on June 1st and I got it 2 weeks ago. 
Great surprise and addition to my collection. Thank you so much Eric.

www.postcardsmarket.com
San Marino has an area of 61.2 km², a population of 33.285 and its capital is City of San Marino.
Unique: 
* Guaita - Cesta - Montale - the three flowers of San Marino are located on the peeks of Mount Titano and are depicted on the coat of arms;
* The Capitains Regent - are the head of the state elected every six months by the Grand and General Council  the country's parliament.
Famous:
* The Oldest Extant Sovereign State - San Marino claims to be the oldest extant sovereign state as well as the oldest constitutional republic;
* The Historic Center and Mount Titano - are part of the UNESCo World Heritage List.
History:
* 3 September 301 - on that date Saint Marinus founded San Marino where he built a small church;
* 8 October 1600 - Constitution of San Marino - first legal document which mention San Marino's institutional organs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boa tarde Marta,

Agradeço tanto o teu postal do día 19, como o selo do lince Iberico que leva, como a dica de irmos lá á Marialva algum día para conhecer mais do nosso novo país de residencia! -
Chegou ontém, día 21 de julho 2021

☺☺
Obrigado (3x), e até a próxima saudação postal,
Eric