Friday, January 14, 2022

1st of May Park in V. N. de Famalicão - Portugal

I liked all the Christmas cards I received last year, of course I did, but the best card of the year award goes to this one that isn't even a Christmas card. This was really the card that I liked the most to receive. It was sent by Miguel, Oscar's son 😍 I loved it!! The postcard is from Vila Nova de Famalicão, where I've never been to, with the exception of the bus terminal, and from where I only have 2 or 3 more postcards. This one shows the 1st of May Garden.

The “1st  of May Garden” arose due to the construction of the avenue crossing it, by the established connection between the city centre and the railway station. With the final design of the landscape Architect Viana Barreto, it’s in the year of 60’s of the 20th century that the garden acquired its current configuration.
Since then, has been subject to an intervention in year of the 80’s, which resulted in the design of a longitudinal passage and the central square, where the sculpture in honour of a volunteer Fireman was set up.
This garden has excellent recreational conditions for children and their families, along with its main equipment, especially the children’s playpark, the lake with its birds and a picnic park. Establishes a crossing and connection to the various public facilities. - in: http://www.portoenorte.pt

No comments: