Tuesday, April 30, 2024

NY Doctor

To thank me for a surprise card that I sent from Madeira, Claus surprised me with this great Banksy card, new to my street art collection.
 
photography: artwork studios / TFA 7854
This symbolic graffiti from Banksy was perhaps created as an homage to New York City and its ability to recover after the absolute destruction on 9/11. In this image Banksy graffiti’d a doctor listening through a stethoscope to the heart in the famous ‘I Love New York’ design. This graffiti was found in the city’s Financial District which adds to the suggestion of its relation to the 2001 terrorist attack which was based in the Cities financial district. Unfortunately whether purposefully done by Banksy and his team or New York locals, this graffiti is no longer able to be viewed and has been destroyed.  - in: https://banksysgraffiti.com

No comments: