Monday, July 25, 2011

Surprise cards

This month i bought a few portuguese cards for my collection and i've also received quite a few from my postcrosser friends. I really love to get cards from my lovely country.

These 2 are from 2 different regions and from 2 different postcrossers, Ana "ninocas" and Graça "gracinha".



Ana went on holidays to Algarve a few days ago and she sent me this beautiful card of the Southwest Coast, which is on the Unesco Tentative List.
The so-called "Costa Vicentina", the western coast of the Algarve stretches over more than 60 km from Cape St.Vincent, the south-western most corner of the European continent, to Odeceixe on the Algarve-Alentejo border. The rugged rocks of the steep coast are interrupted by small sandy bays. The climate is harsher than other parts of the Algarve and the surging swell from the Atlantic is spectacular, attracting surfers and paragliders in particular.
The landscape is still generally unspoilt by the tourism and rich in flora and fauna species. - in:
http://www.algarve-portal.com/en/country/landscapes/costa_vicentina/


I don't know if Graça was on holidays too but she also sent me a card. The card is from Pessegueiro, a village in Coimbra district.

No comments: