Sant Climent de Taüll is one of the nine Early Romanesque churches declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO and located in the Vall de Boí, in Catalonia, Spain.
This card was sent by Malgosia.
Ediciones Sicilia S. A.
Sant Climent de Taüll was consecrated on the 10th of December 1123 by Ramon Guillem, bishop of Roda-Barbastro, the church of Sant Climent was built on an earlier church dating from the 11th century. It is a prototype for basilical plan Romanesque churches, with three naves separated by columns and covered with a wooden gable roof, the top of the church with three apses and a bell-tower.
The Pantocrator of Sant Climent de Taüll has been the most frequently used emblematic image to represent Catalan Romanesque art. The original is kept in the National Museum of Catalan Art but the church contains a copy, together with other fragments from the original painting, of particular note being the scene with Cain and Abel.
Three Romanesque carvings complete the furnishings inside the church. - in: http://www.vallboi.cat/en/el-romanic/sant-climent-de-taull