Sunday, October 18, 2015

Postcards from Algarve - Portugal

Ninocas and Sofia have been to Algarve this summer. I'm also considering a visit to this portuguese region but only as a plan B for my 1st holidays of next year. Lets see how it all goes. 

 Photography & design © Michael Howard * www.mikehowardphoto.com
Not so long ago Ninocas sent me a card with one of Tavira's churches, now she sent another card with 4 churches: St. Mary of the Castle Church; St. Brás Church; Our Lady of Piety Chapel and Holy Spirit Church.

 Photography & design © Michael Howard * www.mikehowardphoto.com
I'm not a fruit kind of person but I really like Algarve's oranges. They're juicy, very sweet and tasty, delicious!! 
Sweet oranges were brought from China to Europe by the Portuguese in the 16th century, and Portugal produces more than 200,000 tons per year. The Algarve produces more than half of the domestic production.

No comments: