As a teacher, Leninha has taught in several places. This year she moved again and now her postal code is from Lourinhã, from where she sent this postcard with the local Main Church, also known as the Church of Saint Mary of the Castle.
Situated in the lovely village of Lourinhã, this Gothic Church was built in the second half of the 14th century and classified as a National Monument in 1922.
In the place where the Church is located was, supposedly, located a Moorish fortification dated from the Moorish occupancy of the territory.
The temple was built in two different phases. It is constituted by a central nave, two laterals and a polygonal apse. The central nave is the highest and wider, separated from the laterals by eight pointed arches with vegetal decorative elements.
In the southern nave is located a bell tower built in the 17th century. - in: https://www.guiadacidade.pt/en/poi-igreja-de-santa-maria-do-castelo-17317