Saturday, November 17, 2018

Bielefeld Meeting - Germany

Although the portuguese postcrossers love to meet, I miss most of the meetings. Fortunately, next week I will make it to the Christmas meeting in Viseu !! As in Bielefeld, we will also have an official postcard, which I'll shown here once I get it in my mailbox.

Leonie doesn't miss a meeting in Bielefeld and just like in the last years, she remembered to send me a postcard.

www.papersisters.de
Some facts about Bielefeld:
* The city has a population of 333,451 inhabitants and is located in North Rhine-Westphalia;
* Sparrenburg, the medieval castle, is the most famous building in Bielefeld and the symbol of the city. Another attraction of the city is the Market Square;
* The city has an official football team called DSC Arminia Bielefeld;
* Bielefeld is known for its linen and in the early 1920s, a city bank issued even money made from linen;
* When it comes to food, the city is known for the pudding and the pickert, a flat, fried or baked potato dish;
* To enjoy nature you can stroll through the Teutoburg Forest or visit the animals at the Olderdissen Zoo.

No comments: