I'm running out of postcards to post here !!! I hope the postman brings new ones tomorrow.
Among others, last week he brought these two US officials.
US-5605713, sent by Mrs Bacon's class.
Vermont is a state in the New England region of the Northeastern United States. It borders the U.S. states of Massachusetts to the south, New Hampshire to the east, New York to the west, and the Canadian province of Quebec to the north. Vermont is the second smallest by population and the sixth smallest by area of the 50 U.S. states. The state capital is Montpelier, the least populous state capital in the United States. - in: wikipedia
Photo by C. C. Duncan
Sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico are one of the great joys of visiting (or living in) Florida. If you like sunset pictures, these tips might make your sunset photos an instagram success.
* Go to the AppStore and download a sunrise and sunset timing app. (Lots of the weather apps also have this function.) That way, you’ll never miss a sunset;
* In most sunset photos, the horizon is the focal point so make sure you’re careful when you position it. If the sky is really pretty then place the horizon in the bottom third of the photo. If the sunset is over the sea and is making reflections, then position the horizon in the top third of the photo;
* Creating a silhouette in the foreground will give your sunset pics a sense of perspective. Look out for birds! A few birds flying across the image can really elevate your photographs;
* If you’re at the beach, the reflections of the sun on the water can be impressive. If you’re in a city however, look out for the sunset reflecting on glass buildings or windows. The way the light is reflected can create very interesting images;
* Turn on the flash and use it just for taking a portrait photo of someone at sunset. It will highlight their features and stop the photo looking too dark;
* Spotty, wispy clouds are ideal. The light will reflect from behind them and create interesting shapes. After a thunderstorm when the sky is clearing often provides the best conditions for sunset photographers;
* After the sun has dipped below the horizon, the sky will keep changing colour for another half an hour. Hang around to watch this spectacle and capture even more colours;
* It’s not just where the sun is that the sky will put on a stunning display. Look all around you and to capture some breath-taking colours and lights. - in: https://www.bonusprint.co.uk/blog/sunset-photo-tips