Sunday, November 8, 2020

PT RR - Group 153 * Surprise August '20

 I still can't make any updates with my computer, which bothers me a lot but I don't think the problem will be solved anytime soon. In the meantime, my pile of received cards keeps getting bigger.  
Lets go back to summer and today I show the postcards that Paulo, Rui and Tiago sent me in August.


Arquivo Histórico de Avis
I´ve recently added rural life to my cards wishlist. Until I was 9 years old I lived in a village and my summers were spent at my grandparents' farm where I saw my grandma and aunt milking the cows so many times. At that time everything was still done by hand. The question is: have I ever milked a cow? Well, I've tried but I didn't succed.
Most milking in the developed world is done using milking machines. Teat cups are attached to the cow's teats, and then the cups alternate between vacuum and normal air pressure to extract the milk. The milk is filtered and cooled before being added to a large bulk tank of milk for storage.
The existing robotic milking has allowed cows to have the freedom to decide when to milk, but still needs to make contact with people – entering the milking room is equal to getting food. - in: wikipedia

I've already spent holidays in Sesimbra and must have spent some time at Praia da Califórnia but I don't remember hearing this name. Beaches are not my kind of place.
This beach in the Bay of Sesimbra, located between Santiago Fortress and the rocks of Caneiro, is one of the most relevant bathing areas in the Setúbal District, with clear waters and temperatures between 12 and 18ºC. It is the main beach in the village of Sesimbra, constituting a place of choice for local holidaymakers and the surrounding area who travel there to spend a few days or weeks.


 Gomez
I loved, loved this postcard, in the last months is one of the cards that I liked the most. I think I should start a collection of lynx postcards, I have a few, however this is my first postcard of an Iberian lynx.
The Iberian lynx is one of the most endangered wild felines in the world, one of the charismatic predators. It is a species classified since 22nd June, 2015 as Endangered, after years in the highest category awarded by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), Critically Endangered.
At present the world population of Iberian lynx is estimated in 547 animals. Of these, 448 live in Andalusia. And more than 40 in Portugal. - in:
https://www.wilder.pt

No comments: