This official was sent from Germany but this is the impressive General Post Office building in Dublin, Ireland.
© by Artcolor
The General Post Office (locally referred to as The GPO) in Dublin is the headquarters of the Irish postal service, An Post. Normal post office services are still available in the building. A historic landmark situated in the centre of O'Connell Street, the GPO is one of Ireland's most famous buildings, and was the last of the great Georgian public buildings erected in the capital.
Construction of the purpose built offices began in August 1814, and was completed in January 1818, at a cost of £50,000.
The building was designed by architect Francis Johnston in Greek revival style. The main section was made using Wicklow granite and the portico of Portland stone.
The statues on the roof, by sculptor John Smyth, are of Hibernia, a classical representation in female form of the island of Ireland, with Fidelity to one side and Mercury to the other.
During the 1916 Easter Rising, the GPO was one of three Dublin landmarks to be destroyed in the fighting. The GPO was rebuilt and reopened in 1929. - in: http://www.tourist-information-dublin.co.uk/the-general-post-office.htm