Another german official but this one really showing a place in Germany, in this case, Oldenburg, city in the state of Lower Saxony.
© Schöning GmbH & Co. KG
The yellow building on the card is the Oldenburg Palace.
The site of the splendid Oldenburg palace used to be the location of a moated castle. The palace as it now stands was built by Count Anton Günther (1583-1667). From 1607 to 1615 he had the medieval-style castle converted into a splendid Renaissance-style palace. From then on it served as the residence of all counts and grand dukes of the city.
The appearance of the palace also changed frequently in the following centuries. During the period of Danish rule from 1737 to 1753 the palace underwent a great deal of conversion work: The shape of the roof was changed, the tower entrance was closed and a main gate was built instead. In addition a north-east wing was built from 1774 to 1778. It served to house the Danish governor and minister Friedrich Lewin Graf Holmer. Duke Friedrich August probably named this wing the "Holmerflügel" after him. His successor Duke Peter Ludwig had the two-floor "library wing" built and had the inside of the palace refurbished by the court painter Heinrich Wilhelm Tischbein (1751-1829) in a classicist style. In 1894 the dilapidated "Kanzlei-Flügel" was torn down.
Since 1921 the Oldenburg palace has been part of the Federal State Museum for Art and Art History. - in: http://www.oldenburg.de/sprachversionen/gb/tourist-information/sightseeing-highlights/historic-city-centre.html