Amsterdam is one of those cities that I'd like to visit again and that may happen in a few months, I'm not sure yet though.
Ara wrote me this card exactly one month ago.
Some fun facts about Amesterdam.
- 165: That’s the number of canals in Amsterdam. In total these waterways add up to more than 100 kilometers or about 60 miles. The Seventeenth-century canal ring area of Amsterdam inside the Singelgracht became part of the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2010;
- 11,000,000: That’s the approximate number of wooden poles that support Amsterdam’s buildings. All of the structures in the city are supported by 15 to 20 meter long wood poles that sink through the mud and are fixed in a sandy layer that is 11 meters deep on average;
- 25,000: That’s the number of bicycles that end up in Amsterdam’s canals each year;
- 1,281: That’s the number of bridges in all of Amsterdam;
- 881,000: That’s approximately the number of bicycles in Amsterdam. Oddly enough, there are only about 799,400 people living in the city;
- 2,500: That’s approximately the number of houseboats in Amsterdam. - in: http://awesomeamsterdam.com/10-fun-facts-about-amsterdam/