Friday, February 1, 2019

PT RR - Group 122 * Surprise December

Is not that I don't like Christmas cards but for the December surprise group of this RR, I decided that I didn't to receive them. Laura, Rui, Ana Rita and Paula respected that and sent me these cards. 

I must confess that I didn't get what this tower was when I first saw this card. In fact, this tower is made of several cork stools on top of each others. These stools, called "tropeços", currently produced in Gaspalha, parish of Álvaro, are one of the examples of the typical craftsmanship in Oleiros municipality. 

Fotos: Antº Macedo; David de Abreu; Carlos Reveles; Izhar Perlman; Sergi Zelman; Sérgio Duarte; Vera Sanches * @ 2017 - Ed. 19 de Abril: 157
I work at weekends, holidays and holy days, I have days off during the week, I often have no idea if it's Monday or Wednesday, a calendar might help me. 

Nunes de Almeida Editores
I like to travel by train and every year I say that I'll finally travel on the Douro Historical Train but that didn't happen so far.  
The Douro Historical Train operates annually between June and October.
Travelling on the Douro Historical Train is like travelling back in time. In a route along the Douro River, the steam locomotive and the five historical carriages run the distance between Régua and Tua, on a unique trip to the past through the beautiful landscape, which is classified by UNESCO as World Heritage. - in: https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/how-to-travel/For-leisure/Nature-and-Culture/douro-historical-train

The Postcrossing logo is a registered trademark
Paula went to Norway to attend the Northern Lights Meeting. Such a unique meeting had to have, obviously, a postcard and stamp to match the event.
It is no wonder that both the postcard and the stamp are dedicated to the northern lights. Tromsø, where the meeting was held, is one of the best places in the world to see this natural phenomenon.
Tromsø is located in the middle of the Northern Lights Oval, which is the area with the highest probability of seeing the lights. This means that there will always be good chances of Northern Lights, regardless of the sun’s cycles.
This natural phenomenon can be observed from September to April, depending on the weather conditions and solar activity. If the sky is clear, you might be able to see the Northern Lights right above the city, but to increase your chances we recommend going on a tour away from the bright lights of the city centre. - in: https://www.visittromso.no/en/content/northernlights-10-reasonstogototromso

No comments: