The chain of survey triangulations crosses ten countries, making a total of 34 protected stations points, six of these being located in Finland. One of those points, measured in 1842, is located in the church tower of Alatornio (Tornea). Carved markings made in connection with the measurements are still visible on the walls of the bell chamber of the church, which was built in 1797. The top of the bell tower is 40 metres above sea level, which made it an ideal location for triangulation. It is still part of the station-point network of the City of Tornio.