Nice cards and stamps from Russia.
RU-3775098, sent by Tanya.
The most beautiful church of the city, the Church of Elijah the Prophet is the pride and joy of Yaroslavl and the favorite tourist attraction. It was built in 1647 – 1650 and is one of the most complete and best-preserved monuments of Yaroslavl. Built on the site of two churches, the Intercession and Elijah, the church is considered a real masterpiece of ancient Russian art. The main structure of the temple is a massive building on high foundation topped with five heads resting on light drums. The drums are decorated with arches and columns and surrounded by the rows of kokoshniks. But the main thing is, of course, the interior painting, made by famous Kostroma masters. They have no equals in beauty, richness and brightness of colors. - in: http://www.advantour.com/russia/yaroslavl/elijah-theprophet-church.htm
The church in Neuhausen was built at the end of the XIV century and was re-built in a gothic style with a high tower on the east in the XVI century. Master Isaac of Riga made an altar, a confessional and a baptismal font in 1689-1701. During the battles of 1945 the church was slightly damaged, but later it was renovated as a community club. After the Culture Centre had been built in Guryevsk, the church was partly empty, some additional buildings were used as a shop, different kinds of goods and materials were stored in the hall. By 1988 the church was absolutely abandoned and started to decay. In 1991 the building was transferred to the New Apostolic community, it was fixed up and since 1993 church services have been held there. - in: http://visit-kaliningrad.ru/en/attractions/432/6835/