The beautiful former synagogue in Uzhhorod, a city located in western Ukraine, at the border with Slovakia and near the border with Hungary. It is the administrative center of Zakarpattia Oblast.
The synagogue was completed and dedicated on July 27, 1904, in a flamboyant Romantic style that boldly intermingled Byzantine Revival and Moorish Revival architectural elements.
Since World War II the building has served as Uzhgorod's concert hall, prized for its acoustics. It has housed the Regional Philharmonic Society with the Transcarpathian Folk Choir.
All Jewish symbols were removed from the building, although as of 2012 there is a plaque on the facade commemorating the 85,000 Jews from Zakarpattia Oblast who were murdered in The Holocaust. - in: wikipedia