Thursday, October 9, 2014

Telč Castle - Czech Republic

One more card from czech Republic mas this one is a bit special, it was sent by me in Telč. I've been to Czech Republic last month and visited a lot of places, one of my favorites was Telč. I've many cards from Czech Republic and I wanted to send myself something I still didn't have, a Telč castle card was my option. The card was also sent by my travel buddy Joana and Slavka, a girl that we met during our flight from Lisbon to Prague. A few days later we met her in Brno and invited her to visit Telč and Třebíč with us.

© Vydavatelství Ivan Rillich
The Telč Chateau ranks among the gems of Moravian Renaissance architecture. 
The Gothic castle was built in the second half of the 14th century. At the end of the 15th century the castle fortifications were strengthened and a new gate-tower built. In the middle of the 16th century the medieval castle no longer satisfied Renaissance nobleman Zachariáš of Hradec, who had the castle altered in the Renaissance style.
The Chateau was never sold but it was always passed on from one family to another.

No comments: