Monday, October 13, 2008

Moritzburg Castle - Germany

This is the card i've received today. I got it through the " "Send me a card from my album of favourites II" tag and it was sent by Jenny "mondfalke".

"Schloss Moritzburg is a Baroque German castle in the small town of Moritzburg in the German state of Saxony. It is located close to the city of Dresden.
It was built from 1542–1546 as a hunting lodge for Duke Moritz of Saxony.
Between 1723 and 1733, the castle was remodelled as a pleasure seat with formal park for Augustus II the Strong, elector of Saxony and king of Poland by the architects Matthäus Daniel Pöppelmann and Longeloune.
The displays of many areas within the castle are dedicated to the courtly art of formal hunting. The collection of red deer antlers is considered to be the largest in the world. In the Monströsensaal ("Monstrosity Room") are 39 morbidly contorted antlers, one of them the famous 66-point antler." - in: wikipedia

1 comment:

Ana said...

oh my my my....what a VIEW!!!
Im gonna steal this for my wish list album, if you dont mind :))