Thursday, September 20, 2012

Balzers - Liechtenstein

Another card with one of my own pictures, this one taken in Balzers, a village in southern Liechtenstein. I didn't really visited Balzers, the picture was taken inside a bus on my way back to Switzerland.

Photo by Marta Cairrão
Gutenberg Castle bears no connection to the Gutenberg of printing press fame. It was built in the 13th century. The Gutenberg hill has played a central role in local cultural history ever since the Bronze Age, if not before. After many years of being in private ownership the Liechtenstein government acquired the castle in 1979. During summer cultural events are staged in the inner courtyard each summer. - in: http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/infra_anlagendetail.cfm?rkey=2773&instance=142925&art=Castle%20or%20large%20fortress

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

I've never been to Liechtenstein, but this photo makes me want to visit.