Photo by Marta Cairrão
Finally, Espinho's church.
The largest monument of Espinho is the Parish Church. Its construction started in 1902 and was finished in the late 40’s. The temple is dominated by a decorative tower which is of great magnificence. The main front shows an arcade, a rose-window, a clock, the towers and finally, the tower’s pyramidal needle, crowned 40 meters high with the statue of “Nossa Senhora da Ajuda” (Our Lady of Help). The corners of the walls are used as pillars for two sculptures symbolizing Faith and Hope. in: - http://iff.multimeios.pt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=172&Itemid=242