Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Postcrossing adventure

Last September a friend told me about postcrossing and i immediately fell in love with it.
I started my postcard collection when i was 7 or 8 years old and postcrossing is a great help to increase my collection. Right now i've 1021 cards from 67 countries... not bad humm :)
This was my 1st official card:

A card from Joensuu - Finland, sent by Anna "Nauris" and it was received in October, 2006. Here you can see the river, the city hall and the market place.

And these are the cards that i received today. They were sent by Esther "Maddeleine5" and she was great because the 1st package got lost in the mail, so she sent me a 2nd one with these amazing cards.
4 beautiful cards from the US Virgin Islands.



St. Thomas - Harbor Island View

Trunk bay is rated among the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. A snorkeling trail has informative signs which point out coral and marine life.

Buck Island, declared a National Park monument in 1961, is just off the coast of beautiful St. Croix, in the US Virgin Islands, located in the Eastern Caribean.

And finally a great card from my own country, Portugal, sent by José António "Zepombal".

Leiria, Guimarães, Sintra, Almourol, S. Jorge (Lisbon) and Óbidos castles.
And that's all for today. Let's see what my mailbox has for me tomorrow.

5 comments:

Martinha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Those cards from the USVI are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you already have a large collection! I wonder if I can ever have a thousand. I'm just a newbie at this hobby but I'm very optimistic about it.

Happy postcrossing!I'll be stopping by your blog from time to time. I love looking at the postcards you post here.

voluntariado said...

Hi! I think your blog is wonderful. I loved the idea. If you do not mind I would like to know how a person cans start post crossing? I hope you lots of postcards. Andre

Martinha said...

André. Podes escrever em português :)
Não consigo abrir o teu blog :(
Para enviar e receber postais basta ires ao site www.postcrossing.com.
Espero que leias isto e qualquer dúvida é só perguntar.
Marta