Monday, November 29, 2021
Sunday, November 28, 2021
Erwang Temple is a historical site built to commemorate Li Bing and his son, who made remarkable contributions to the construction of world-famous Dujiangyan Irrigation System, a UNESCO site since 2000. Located on a mountain on the right bank of the Minjiang River, this temple is an integral part of Dujiangyan's cultural heritage.
The local people here have held memorial ceremonies for Li and his son for 2,200 years. Burning a stick of incense is the most common way visitors show their admiration and respect for the two immortalized heroes, and hence, one encounters the striking smell of incense from the moment you step into the temple. More recently, the main organized activities at Erwang Temple include the Temple Fair, held from June 24th to June 26th, according to the Chinese lunar calendar, and the Releasing Water Festival on Tomb Sweeping Day. - in: https://windhorsetour.com
Lijiang Old Town features wide cobbled streets ambling over stone bridges and waterwheel-driven canals.
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
Saturday, November 20, 2021
The New Forest became a national park in 2005 and was once a royal hunting ground for William the Conqueror and his noblemen, in the 12th century AD..
The New Forest pony is one of the best-known images of the National Park. All of the ponies found in the forest are wild in the sense they can roam freely but in fact they are owned by New Forest Commoners. The commoners have the right to graze their ponies and cattle on the open forest throughout the year. It is the animals’ grazing which helps to keep the New Forest’s landscape and rare species.
* Take a visit to the national parks, Hoge Veluwe National Park and Veluwezoom;
* Have a nice hot cup of mulled wine. This traditional German/Austrian drink is often served during the colder months. All over the Netherlands, you’ll find them sold at restaurants, markets, and stalls;
* See Dutch moorlands in full bloom. From the beginning of September, the heather in the Dutch moorlands is in full bloom and big parts of The Netherlands are covered in a sloping blanket of 50 shades of purple and lilac;
* Apple (and pear) picking in plenty of orchards during autumn in The Netherlands;
* Try bokbier, a dark, seasonal beer that will be sold in The Netherlands between October and February. The beer has a caramel-like flavour;
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
These windmills were the reason why I traveled to Viana do Castelo last month. My idea was to visit the Montedor mills and then hike from there back to Viana. I had no idea that along the way I was going to see more mills. It was a great surprise!!