Saturday, August 1, 2009

Surprise cards

Two of my friends from the portuguese community surprised me with 2 cards from my wishlists. Thanks Susana and Paula.


One my churches wishlists i've a few from Santarém. This one on the card is the Graça Church, built between the 14th and 15th centuries in a mix of mendicant and flamboyant gothic styles. It has a magnificent main portal and rose window that shows the influence of the Batalha Monastery.
Pedro Álvares Cabral, the discoverer of Brazil, and his wife are buried here.

This card from Madeira was on my favorites album!
Santana is a city on the northern part of Madeira, famous for it's triangular traditional houses made of straw. The straw roofs are renovated every 4 - 5 years. These are rural houses used by farmers in the past and nowdays are Santana's tourist attraction.

No comments: