Monday, January 13, 2020

PT RR - Group 142 * Surprise December '19

Last cards of the Portuguese RR in 2019. 

Editions RENE
I'm not sure but this must be the tower of St. Michael's Basilica. If not, Joana may correct me.
The Basilica of St. Michael is a Flamboyant Gothic church in Bordeaux, built between the end of 14th century and the 16th century. The separate bell tower, which is 114 meters tall, was built in the 15th century. - in: wikipedia

© OVET
I have never been to Paris, have no plans to go there soon but when I finally decide to visit the french capital, I want to see Sacré Coeur. I feel like sitting on those stairs and eat an ice cream or maybe a baguette !! The postcard was sent by Paulo.
The Sacred Heart Basilica of Montmartre, known in French as the Basilique du Sacré-Coeur, is one of the most important religious buildings in Paris. Situated on the top of Montmartre, a 427 ft (130 m) hill, it offers an incredible view of the city.
Designed by Paul Abadie, the construction of the church began in 1875 and was completed in 1914. It was consecrated as a basilica five years later, on 16 October, 1919. - in: https://www.introducingparis.com

Nunes Almeida Editores
I've been several times to Lamego but I've never seen this chapel, maybe because it isn't located in city center. I'll ask Ana Rita to show it to me next time I visit the city. 
St. Peter of Balsemão Chapel is claimed to be the oldest church in Portugal. 
Believed to have been built in the 7th century by the Visigoths before the arrival of the Moors, its appearance has been much modified. The church contains the 15th century statue in Ançã stone of Senhora do Ó (the pregnant Virgin Mary) and the 14th century tomb of Bishop Afonso Pires of Oporto. Alterations in the 17th and 18th centuries incorporated the church into the country house of the Viscounts of Balsemão. - in:  http://www.aportugalattraction.com/portugal-attractions/chapel-of-st-peter-of-balsemo.htm

Fotos: Antº Macedo; David de Abreu; Carlos Reveles; Izhar Perlman; Sergi Zelman; Sérgio Duarte; Vera Sanches * © 2017 - Ed. 19 de Abril: 157
Last year Rui sent me this same postcard, well, not exactly the same because the calendar of the year is different. But the images are the same and the initials of the weekdays are still in English. Why?!! 

No comments: