Sunday, January 27, 2019

Monthly Fav. Surprise RR - October '18

I used to take part in this RR but then I decided to stop for some reason. Last September I noticed that the RR had a new host, gave it a shot again and joined in October and November. I skiped December and this month the RR changed hands again. I've already joined February's group and next week I'll get 4 addresses to send cards to. 

In October I've received cards from Malaysia, Germany, Switzerland and China. 

Mary sent me this beautiful chinese temple in Malacca. 
The Cheng Hoon Teng temple is considered Malaysia’s oldest Chinese temple. The temple ranks among the most significant in Southeast Asia, being central to the spiritual aspirations of the Chinese community in historic Malacca. The temple continues to serve the spiritual needs of the Chinese community in Malacca. It is a center for the propagation of San Chiao or the Three Doctrinal Systems of Taoism, Confucianism, and Buddhism. 
Historically speaking, Cheng Hoon Teng was founded in the 1600s by the Chinese Kapitan Tay Kie Ki alias Tay Hong Yong. - in: http://www.wonderfulmalaysia.com/attractions/cheng-hoon-teng-temple-malacca.htm

Wishing for snowy landscapes like this in Bavaria. Card sent by Marei. 
The mountain church of St. Margarethen in Wildalpjoch mountain, was first documented in 1445 and that's all I could find about this church. 

Foto: D. Bärtschi
The last cards I received from Grace were all sent through these monthly favorite RR's. 
The Moléson (2,002 metres) is a mountain of the Swiss Prealps, overlooking the region of Gruyères in the canton of Fribourg. It lies at the northern end of the chain between Lake Geneva and the valley of the Sarine. - in: wikipedia

I really thought that this 4th card got lost in the mail but surprise, surprise, after a long journey all the way from China, it arrived in December. It was sent by Annie Liu. 
Zhangjiajie is located in central China, northwest Hunan Province, over 1,000 kilometers from both Shanghai and Beijing. Zhangjiajie is famous for its precarious peaks, limpid streams, dense forests, and large karst caves. - in: https://www.chinahighlights.com/zhangjiajie/

No comments: