Thursday, February 7, 2019

Winner of the Month - January 19

I've started my postal year winning postcards. It was the third time I was chosen as the winner of the month  and I received postcards from Brazil and Portugal.

Salvador is one of the places I'd love to visit in Brazil. Luzia has been there last December on a work trip.
No other place reflects the soul of Bahia as well as Pelourinho. Considered a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, the neighborhood in the Upper Town, has more than 800 mansions of the XVII and XVIII centuries. Alleys, slopes and squares connect churches, museums, restaurants, shops and a shuttle of people from Salvador, Brazil and the world.

  Foto: Nadir Motta
Also from Brazil, a card from Piracicaba sent by Silvana.
Piracicaba is a city located in the interior of the state of São Paulo. The city was founded in 1767, along the banks of the Piracicaba River, a river that was vital to the region.

fotografia: Oswaldo Santos
This was the first time Isabel sent me a postcard, my 1st from São Martinho do Porto.
The bay of S. Martinho do Porto is the last vestige of an old gulf that until the XVI century extended to Alfeizerão and only connected to ocean by an opening about 250 meters wide.
On Marginal Avenue, the cosmopolitan center of the village, there are plenty of terraces, shops, bars and restaurants almost all specialized on the flavors of the sea.

Direitos de edição Find Ferreira do Alentejo
 Inês Barbosa also sent me a postcard from a place I didn't had any cards from. 
Ferreira do Alentejo is a village in the district of Beja. The Misericórdia Church dates from the 16th century and is classified as a Property of Public Interest.

EDIG
The Trays Festival is a festival held every four years in Tomar. The next festival will be held from June 29 to July 8, 2019. Rui suggested that it might be a good idea to have a Postcrossing meeting during the festival. As much as I enjoy meetings, festivals and all kinf of parties are not my cup of tea. I really deslike crowds. 

photo by pmartike
Inês Brito wished me a good year and good readings. When 2019 started I was reading "D. Maria I" by Isabel Stilwell, then read "The Home for Unwanted Girls" by Joanna Goodman and then "The Last Christmas in Paris: A Novel of World War I" by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb. 2 days ago I bought and I started to read "Homegoing" by Yaa Gyasi.

No comments: