New month and hopefully many cards will fill my mailbox.
Great views and new addictions to my collections.
Linda sent me a nice snowy view of West Lake.
West Lake is an iconic, symbolic sight in Hangzhou and is regarded as one of the most beautiful sights in China. Its beauty is the subject of many poems and paintings.
Nowadays, West Lake is one of the top ten scenic areas in China, getting listed as a World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2011. It is famous for the romantic legends and intoxicating scenery.
Huber Images/Reinhard Schmid
What an amazing snowy landscape. Love the snow, the trees, the colors, everything. Tanja, you nailed it!!
This is a view in the Großer Arber, the highest peak of the Bavarian/Bohemian Forest mountain range and in Lower Bavaria.
Foto: A. Mulet
The Ebro Delta Natural Park is the largest protected wetland in Catalonia. In total, 7,736 hectares where rice fields charge a different colour depending on the time of year we are, and become a pole of attraction of a rich flora and fauna.
More than 800 different species of flora, where the hurdles, the reeds, the eucalyptus trees and the river honeysuckles stand out. Much of this vegetation has had to adapt to extreme conditions and colonize dunes, saline soils or lagoon areas. The wildlife of the Delta, basically birds, attracts birdwatchers (observació d'aus) around the world. In fact, between 50,000 and 100,000 specimens of exactly 343 species of birds are quantified. - in: https://terresdelebre.travel
Card sent by Yolanda.
Edith noticed that I still didn't have the EU flag and sent me this updated version. Look at the map, UK isn't there anymore. It kinda look a bit weird to look at the map and don't see UK there.
Flag of Europe was first adopted in 1955 by the Council of Europe.
EU has an area of 4.233.262 km², a population of 447.206.135 and its capital is Brussels (de facto).
The state members are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
* The European Union is caracterized as most successful common market in the world;
* Motto - United in Diversity: Different cultures, languages and systems which contribute to a wholesome society, with progressive goals and humanitarian idelas;
* Flag Day of the Union - 9 May, Europe Day since 1985;
* Anthem; "Ode to Joy" - The 4th movement of Ludwig van Beethoven's ninth simphony has been adopted as the Union's anthem in 1985;
* Formation: 1 January 1958 - Treaty of Rome. 1 November 1993 - Treatry of Maastricht;
* 27 Member States - A politico-economic union of states that are located primarily in Europe.