Friday, September 11, 2026

Otranto - Italy

 Of all the places Óscar visited in southern Italy, Otranto was the place he liked the most. He said I might like it too and he's probably right. I've never been to the south of Italy, I guess I need to put Otranto on my visit list if I ever get to visit this region.

Otranto is a coastal town, port and comune in the province of Lecce, right on the heel of the Italian boot. it is It is one of the I Borghi più belli d'Italia - The most beautiful villages of Italy.
 
© DEDALUZ2 EDIZIONI
The cathedral of Santa Maria Annunziata is the most important place of Catholic worship in the city of Otranto. The cathedral, built on the remains of a Messapian village , a Roman domus and an early Christian temple , was founded in 1068 by the Norman bishop William. It is a synthesis of different architectural styles comprising Byzantine, early Christian and Romanesque elements. - in: https://www.orminatours.com

No comments: