Thursday, May 2, 2019

PT RR - Grupo 134 * Surprise April

I'm starting this month of May with the postcards I received from the April surprise group on the Portuguese speaking community.  Many thanks to Joana, Ana, Inês and Tiago.

© 2012 Cormany / Gettyimages
My first thought when I saw this postcard was, "I hope none of these ladies has broken their femur playing this game." In Portugal we call this game "macaca". 

Photo © Olivier Anger
This beautiful building is Mulhouse Town Hall. 
The building dates from 1552. It was built on the site of the former Town Hall, built in 1431, which was burnt down. - in: - https://www.tourisme-alsace.com/en/234007525-Former-city-hall.html

 I've been to Palmela only once and it was to attend a Postcrossing meeting. This card brings me back some good memories of that day.
Palmela castle is a huge fortified complex that stands atop the eastern edge of the Serra de Arrabida hills. This high vantage point of the castle provides stunning views over both the Tagus and Sado estuaries and made it of strategic importance for early Portuguese dynasties but surprisingly the castle experienced very little actual fighting since the Christian conquest of the Moors in the 12th century. - in: https://sintracascaissesimbra.com/setubal/Castelo-de-Palmela.html

© ATLANTICPOST
On January 30, 2006 it snowed in São Brás de Alportel. Snow is a rare thing to see in southern Portugal. I actually remember that on that day it snowed in several areas of the country and here in Guarda, where it is suppose to be normal to snow, it did not snow at all!!

No comments: