Friday, May 31, 2019

Staring at the window...

 It was because of my work with elderlies that I started my collection of old people and many of my postcrossing friends have been helping me to get new postcards. When Paula sees a postcard with an elderly she immediately thinks of me and is willing to start a fight to buy the postcard make sure that she's the one sending it to me. I appreciate the effort and dedication. These two were sent by her.

Foto: Anika Pannu © 2019 - Ed. 19 de Abril
I don't know what those two ladies are talking about, I don'tt even know in which neighborhood in Lisbon they are, perhaps in Alfama, like the lady of the postcard that follows, but this is undoubtedly a beautiful postcard for my collection.

Foto: Fabiano Knoop © 2018 - Ed. 19 de Abril
Alfama is not only one of the oldest and most picturesque districts in Lisbon, but also was one of the only neighbourhoods, which was not destroyed in the 1755 earthquake. 
This is now one of the most touristic places in Lisbon, with lots of tourists and foreign people. However if you see and elderly at the window, thats quite possible that that person has lived there for more than 70 years. 

No comments: