Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Monthly Fav. Surprise RR - October '20

Lets continue with MFS RR cards. This time I'm only showing 3 because I already had the card of the Herrenchiemsee Palace that Marei sent me. 

www.mymagicard.ru
I like windmills, I like rural life but I also like to know where exactly the images on the card are from. The card was printed in Russia, was sent from Finland, by Minna, but windmills always take me to the Netherlands. 

Photo by Steve Yost
On the back of the card: "St. Simons Island Lighthouse and Museum of Coastal History was built in 1872. The lighthouse keeper's cottage currently houses artifacts and exhibits of coastal Georgia history.
From the top of the 129 steps of St. Simons Lighthouse, visitors can view a spectacular panoramic seascape."
Card sent by Darcie.

Foto: R. Budyytyté, L. Jankauskas
With this card sent by Ieva, I've learnt that the Lithuanian word for castle is pilis. I've been to one of this, Kaunas Castle. This castle in the 2nd largest Lithuanian city was originally built during the mid-14th century, in the Gothic style.
Raudonė Castle is a residential castle of the 19th century in Raudonė. Today it is used as a public school.
Panemunė Castle, on the right bank of the river Nemunas, was built for the owner Eperias (Eperiess) by the Dutch architect Peter Nonhaardt, who served at the royal palace in Vilnius. Construction was completed in 1609-1610. 
Raudondvaris manor is the monument of the beginning of the 17th century of Renaissance architecture in Lithuania. 

No comments: