Friday, July 2, 2021

Monthly Fav. Surprise RR * June '21

 Two of my sent cards for June's RR are still travelling but I've already got the cards I was supposed to get. They came from USA. Czech Republic and Austria.

Photo: Clint Farlinger
The state of Minnesota, where Sandra lives, is known as the Land of 10.000 Lakes but, in fact, the state has even more than 10.000. Minnesota's Department of Natural Resources counts anything 10 acres or more as a lake. By that definition, Minnesota has 11,842 lakes. 

By Telegramme Paper Co
This is the 1st time I get a card from this collection/set and I'm still trying to figure out weather I like it or not. I don't immediately dislike it but I'm not sure if that's my kind of card. It was sent by Barbara. 
Acadia National Park protects the natural beauty of the highest rocky headlands along the Atlantic coastline of the United States, an abundance of habitats, and a rich cultural heritage. At 3.5 million visits a year, it's one of the top 10 most-visited national parks in the United States. in: https://www.nps.gov/acad/index.htm

Foto: Daniel Sloup 2008
Radana always seems to take some time to check and send me something from my favs. This time she sent a card of the Spanish Synagogue in Prague. I visited it a few years ago. It was my 1st time visiting a synagogue and I didn't know what to expect but I certainly didn't except it to be so beautiful. I can really understand why is it considered as the most beautiful synagogue in Europe. 
Built in 1868, the Spanish Synagogue is the most recent synagogue in the Prague Jewish Town.
It was called the Spanish Synagogue for its impressive Moorish interior design, influenced by the famous Alhambra. - in: https://www.jewishmuseum.czogue/

Foto: B. Reinhart
I've never been to Salzburg but Mozart's hometown is high on my must visit list. This view of the Old Town with its churches and Hahensalzburg Fortress, might have something to do with that. It can only be better if covered in snow. 
The Old Town of Salzburg (also called Historic Centre of the City of Salzburg or simply Altstadt) is a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. It comprises of a Medieval and Baroque ensemble of buildings that is unique in the world and draws millions of visitors every year. Legally, the Old Town is a district of Salzburg and building activities are strictly regulated in order to preserve the ancient buildings. - in: http://salzburg-visit.com
The cards was sent by Josi.

No comments: