Sunday, November 6, 2022

Monthly Fav. Surprise RR * September '22

 Cards from Germany, Russia and Finland.

 www.papersister.de

I'd love to visit Germany again and the north of the country will probably be my destination on a future trip. Bremen, Lubeck, Stralsund and other cities are on my list. 
A new card to my HP collection sent by Nadine. 

Motiv aus Claudia Herrmann
Even though I'm more inclined towards a visit to northern Germany, Berlin wouldn't be a bad idea either. I think I said it before, I'm really interrested in seeing the city's street art and maybe I get to see this work. It would be a challenge because I couldn't find out it's location nor the name of the artist. 
The card was sent by Elisabetta from Italy.
 
This is the 1st card Inesa has ever sent me and I couldn't be happier. Wonderful picture, I love the colors. The card is not only great but also from a UNESCO Tentative site, Astrakhan Kremlin. 
The Astrakhan Kremlin is a markworthy monument of military and engineering art of building of the second half of XVI century and of the orthodox church architecture of XVII-XVIII centuries.
Construction of stone fortification of Astrakhan Kremlin started during the reign of Ivan the Terrible and it was completed during reign of Fedor Ioanovich with participation of Boris Godunov.
The Assumption Cathedral of the Astrakhan Kremlin is considered by right as one of the best pieces of the Russian church architecture of the early XVIII century. During his visit to Astrakhan in 1722 Emperor Peter the Great expressed admiration for the exquisitely decorated five-domed Assumption Cathedral: "In the whole of my empire,- Peter said, - there is not a single cathedral as beautiful as this one". - in:
https://whc.unesco.org

Photo: Taneli Eskola 2022
 
The Holy Cross Church is a notable monument in Hattula, southern Finland. 
The card was sent by Mari. 
A popular place of pilgrimage in the Middle Ages, this 15th century church is one of the oldest surviving examples of early Finnish brickwork architecture. 
The Church of the Holy Cross was built at the end of the 14th century or in the beginning of the 15th century, making it about 600 years old. The one of the Church´s distinctive features is its red brick, as most medieval buildings in Finland were made from grey stone. Only three medieval buildings in Finland were made of brick: the Turku Cathedral, the Castle of Hämeenlinna and this church. - in: https://www.discoveringfinland.com

No comments: