Saturday, November 12, 2022

World Postcard Day 22

To celebrate World Postcard Day some creative minds around the world created dozens of beautiful cards. I've received these sent from meetings in Portugal, Brazil and Finland. 

 
Pauline Chrétien
I was lucky to be able to attend the Portuguese WPD meeting in Lisbon. Even though I had to leave a bit earlier, it was great to hang out with the Portuguese postcrossers friends and spend hours talking about cards. 
I sent this card to myself but it wasn't the only copy I got. Lurdes also sent me one. 
This card, the official World Postcard Day card was created by a French postcrosser paulinectart.

I've already mentioned a meeting in São Paulo but Rio de Janeiro also hosted one. This beautiful view of Corcovado Mountain and Christ the Redeemer was sent by Valéria.

Yes, I'm posting the same card twice. The other card was sent by Samara, this one is from Luzia. I've just noticed that she used a UNESCO stamp, Cais do Valongo, a site in Rio de Janeiro.

Photo: Riita Eskelinen
Heidi has been to a lot of meetings and she always sends me cards. This meeting in Jyväskylä was no exception.

No comments: