Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Victor Horta Museum - Belgium

I must confess that I'm not a museum kind of person, unless it is a museum about something I really enjoy. When I went to Brussels I wanted to visit this museum, just because it was a UNESCO site, not because I was especially interested in Art Nouveau. I didn't think it was going to surprise me but I actually loved it and is now my favorite museum.
Recently Tiago went to Belgium and I suggested that he visited this museum. He followed my advice and liked it a lot too. He and Raquel sent me a postcard from there, the interior view card. The other, with a matching stamp, was sent by me during my trip.

 Victor, Baron Horta (6 January 1861 - 9 September 1947) was a Belgian architect and designer. John Julius Norwich described him as "undoubtedly the key European Art Nouveau architect." Indeed, Horta is one of the most important names in Art Nouveau architecture. Four of the buildings he designed have been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

© Photo Basin & Evrard
The Horta Museum is a museum dedicated to the life and work of the Belgian Art Nouveau architect Victor Horta and his time. The museum is housed in Horta's former house and atelier, Maison & Atelier Horta (1898), in the Brussels municipality of Saint-Gilles. In the splendid Art Nouveau interiors there is a permanent display of furniture, utensils and art objects designed by Horta and his contemporaries as well as documents related to his life and time. - in: wikipedia

No comments: