Monday, June 14, 2021

AU-761479

I started to write this post yesterday but then something on FB caught my attention and I couldn't stop crying. One of my dearest Postcrossing friends, Déa from Brazil, who I mentioned so many times in this blog, died. It was too awful to be true but it was... she died in her sleep 2 nights ago. We started to exchange cards more than 10 years ago, spent hours chatting on msn and met twice. First she came to Portugal in 2011 and in 2016 I spent almost two weeks with her in Brazil, travelling in Minas Gerais state. 
I've already said many times that Postcrossing gave me much more than just cards, it gave me also the opportunity to meet amazing people all over the world and Déa was definitely one of the most amazing persons I've ever met. I'll keep your cards and the memories. Rest in peace dear friend. 

AU-761479, sent by Janti.
The Swan Bells are a set of 18 bells hanging in a specially built 82.5-metre-high (271 ft) copper and glass campanile in Perth, Western Australia. The tower is commonly known as The Bell Tower or the Swan Bell Tower. 
Named after Swan River which it overlooks, the Swan Bells, are the main focus of Barrack Square.
Given to the people of Western Australia as part of the bicentennial celebrations in 1988, Swan Bells are one of the largest sets of change ringing bells in the world and are comprised of some of the only known Royal Bells to leave England. 12 of the bells date from the 14 century, though were recast by Queen Elizabeth I in the 16 century and again in the 1700's at the order of King George II. Surrounding the bell tower is an inlaid path of ceramic tiles which were created, decorated and signed by almost every school student of Western Australia in 2000. - in: http://www.australianlandmarks.com

No comments: