Sunday, February 20, 2022

DE-11351783

I like churches, I like castles, I like all about history but I also like nature and I've a special interrest on volcanoes. I don't have many volcanoes cards and i've even less cards from Reunion Island, where this card is from. Besides being a great volcano card, this is also a card from a UNESCO site. 
This is Piton de la Fournaise erupting on February 2000.

 
Jean-Luc Allègre
DE-11351783, sent by Sabine.
Piton de la Fournaise is a shield volcano on the eastern side of Réunion island (a French overseas department and region) in the Indian Ocean. It is currently one of the most active volcanoes in the world, along with Kīlauea in the Hawaiian Islands, Stromboli and Etna in Italy and Mount Erebus in Antarctica.
The most recent eruption began on 7 December 2020. The volcano is located within Réunion National Park, a World Heritage Site.
Residents of Réunion sometimes refer to Piton de la Fournaise simply as le Volcan ("the Volcano"). It is a major tourist attraction on Réunion island. - in: wikipedia

No comments: