Monday, February 28, 2022

PT RR - Surprise Group February 22

In a RR written in Portuguese, postcards can come from anywhere in the world and written in different accents. In this group there's a postcard sent by an English who has lived in Brazil, a postcard sent by a Dutch who lives in Portugal and finally a postcard sent by a Portuguese who lives in Algarve.

 Illustration by Dave Thompson
I haven't been to Lindisfarne yet but I'd love to visit it, in fact it's at the top of the list of places I want to visit in England and is one of Adam's favorite places in the country. 
Lindisfarne is an island, accessible at low tide, off the north east coast of England. The ruins of Lindisfarne Priory dominate the south side of the island village. Construction of the priory church at Lindisfarne, which forms the core of the priory whose ruins we can still see today, began around the 1120s.

Fotografia: Osvaldo Santos
Eric reminded me of my vacation in June last year when I went to Vila Nova de Cerveira and hiked the Cervo Trail. It was always going up but it was worth the effort. 
Trilho do Cervo is a circular hiking trail of about eight kilometers. It begins and ends at the Casa do Turismo de Cerveira, passes by the Fort of Lovelhe and continues towards the hill, passing by the Ermida da Senhora da Encarnação. Shortly after is Alto do Castro, where you can see the Cervo. In addition to the Cervo sculpture, there is a very intragrammble swing that delights children and adults.... in this case, I think it will be more for the adults.

 
I didn't care much for urban art when I visited Brussels and it's quite possible that this mural hadn't been painted yet when I visited the city. I didn't find out when it was painted but I did find out that this mural was painted by Nean for a Red Cross campaign. Samuel and his mother, are just two faces of many people of non-Western roots who have difficulty finding a stem cell donor. The appeal is that people of non-Western roots can donate cells. 
Thanks to Tiago for this nice postcard.

No comments: