The Kiev Pechersk Lavra is one of the many attractions in the capital city of Ukraine.
Kiev Pechersk Lavra, also known as the Kiev Monastery of the Caves, is an historic Orthodox Christian monastery which gave its name to one of the city districts where it is located in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine.
Since its foundation as the cave monastery in 1015, the Lavra has been a preeminent center of the Eastern Orthodox Christianity in Eastern Europe.
UA-1748044, sent by Yuriy.Together with the Saint Sophia Cathedral, it is inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The monastery complex is considered a separate national historic-cultural preserve (sanctuary), the national status to which was granted on March 13, 1996.
The Lavra also not only located in another part of the city, but is part of a different national sanctuary than Saint Sophia Cathedral. While being a cultural attraction, the monastery is currently active.
It was named one of the Seven Wonders of Ukraine on August 21, 2007, based on voting by experts and the internet community. - in: wikipedia
These building are the Uspenskyy Cathedral, on the left side, and the Refectory Church, on the right side, both part of the monastery .
The Uspenskyy Cathedral was built in the XI century. It was blown up in 1941 during World War II and only rebuilt in 1999.
The Refectory Church is a refectory and an adjoining church of Saint Anthony and Theodosius. In the refectory, the Lavra monks had their meals. The building was constructed in 1893-1895 at a time when more than a thousand monks were living within the monastery.